Established in 1961, Meritan is a private, not-for-profit agency classified by the IRS as a 501(c) (3) organization qualified to receive donations. Meritan is accredited by the Council on Accreditation and holds licenses in Tennessee to provide home health, personal care, and intellectual and developmental disability services. The agency also holds child placement licenses in Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Georgia.
Filling in gaps through identifying needs and resources, Meritan addresses a variety of challenges that people confront. On one end of the spectrum, these challenges are those that come with aging. On the other, they are the challenges faced by children. Meritan also helps people of all ages whose lives are affected by intellectual and developmental delays or poor health. The agency improves the lives of its consumers by providing, as appropriate, home care, employment/training services for seniors, foster care, intellectual and developmental disability support services and placements.
Maximizing each individual's optimum potential throughout life's stages.
- To fill in service gaps and meet unmet needs
- To provide services that benefit humanity and improve the community
- To be financially secure
- To be a good place for people to work
- To be a place that clients and referral sources seek out
- To be a leader in our industry
- To be passionate about quality
- Absolute integrity
- Continuous self-improvement
- Respect for and concern for the individual
- Exceptional customer services
- Fiscal accountability